Basic Setting Direct through a Gamut DVR/NVRUpdated 4 months ago
This menu allows you to check & configure the internal HDD(s). You need to format the HDD only at the first startup and if you replace a new HDD.
- Format HDD: Select the HDD you want to format and then click Format HDD.
- To start formatting, you need to enter your user name and password and then click OK to confirm to continue formatting.
- Overwrite: Use this option to overwrite the old recordings on the HDD when the HDD is full. For example, if you choose the option 7 days then only the last 7 days' recordings are kept on the HDD.
- To prevent overwriting any old recordings, select OFF. If you have disabled this function, please check the HDD status regularly, to make sure the HDD is not full. The recording will be stopped if HDD is full.
- Record on ESATA: This menu is only displayed when your NVR is coming with an e-SATA port on the rear panel. It will allow recording the video to an external e-SATA HDD to enhance your HDD capacity. If the e-SATA recording function is enabled, the e-SATA backup function will be disabled
This menu allows you to configure the Date, Time, Date Format, Time Format, Time Zone, NTP, and DST
Date and Time. Click on the calendar icon to set the current system date.
To get to this page, please goto systems -> General -> date and time.
- Date: Click on the calendar icon to set the system date.
- Time: Click to set the system time
- Date Format: Choose from the dropdown menu to set your preferred date format.
- Time Format: Choose a time format between 24Hour and 12Hour.
- Time Zone: Set the correct time zone.
Check the “NTP” box, and select the NTP server
DST stands for Daylight Savings Time.
- DST: Enable if Daylight Saving Time (DST) is observed in your region
- Time Offset: Select the amount of time to offset for DST
- Time Mode: Choose to set the daylight saving time in weeks or in days
- Start Time/End Time: Set the start time and end time for daylight saving
To change the password for the administrator or user accounts, click the User Edit icon. The password has to be a minimum of 8 characters and can contain a mixture of numbers and letters.
Enter your new password again to confirm, and then click Save to save your new password. You will be required to input your old password to authenticate.
Password Enable: It’s strongly recommended to enable the password to protect your privacy. If you want to disable the password protection, please ensure your NVR is placed in a secure place.
We strongly recommend not having the password disabled if your NVR is connected to the internet as you are at more risk of unwanted people getting access to your system.